Cosco Takes Over OOCL Shipping Lines

July 27 2017, posted by admin

After months of rumors, last week Cosco and Shanghi International Port Grp. (SIPG) put in an offer to acquire Orient Overseas International Grp (OOIL) and their container shipping line OOCL. If and when the two companies combine, Cosco plans to hold 90.1% of OOIL’s shares, while SIPG will hold the remaining 9.9% of the shares.

Traffic Mitigation Fees Increase in California Ports!

July 11 2017, posted by admin

As of July 1st, 2017, long-shore wage and assessment rates have a combined increase of 2.3% at the Ports of LA/LB.

Progress is Made with Spain Stevedores - Strikes Called Off!

June 30 2017, posted by admin

ollowing the events involving the Spain stevedores union last week, 46 port companies decided to leave the ANESCO employers’ association. The companies signed a private agreement with the stevedores union, leading to the resignation of ANESCO’s president, Mr. Joaquim Coello, on Wednesday.

Yesterday, representatives of the “new” ANESCO met with representatives of the stevedores union and finally accepted their conditions.

Port Terminals Sign Agreement With Stevedores

June 28 2017, posted by admin

Last week, the main container terminal groups (such as APM Terminals, BEST-Hutchison, MSC, TTIA and Noatum), in disagreement with ANESCO, signed separate agreements with the stevedores. The agreements will commit them to negotiate the 5th framework agreement for the Spanish stevedore sector. The contract will also guarantee 100% employment against a 10% reduction of stevedore's salaries. Negotiations for the signature of the 5th framework agreement will be finalized by September 30th.

Is Your Cargo Protected From Summer Heat?

June 21 2017, posted by admin
It’s finally summer time and the longest day of the year! While the weather outside is hot, do you want your cargo to be as well? Don’t take the risk, protect your cargo from heat damage.

Anesco Rejects Stevedores Proposal

June 21 2017, posted by admin

After several hours of assembly last Fraday, Anesco representatives informed the employers that they are rejecting the proposal presented by the stevedores’ unions last Tuesday. Anesco’s representatives state that the main reason why they cannot accept it is because they found at least three points where the stevedores’ proposal could go against the competence laws. With this notice and the past announcement of the union’s decision to hold additional strikes, it seems conflict between the stevedores and their employers will remain. Scheduled strikes will continue as announced.

Plan on Attending NABCA 2017?

May 22 2017, posted by admin

Join WSSA at NABCA’s 80th Annual Conference!
May 22nd-25th at the JW Marriott Marco Island
Booth 302

Come Visit WSSA at the WSWA Convention & Expo!

April 7 2017, posted by admin

Booth 1315, Mediterranean Ballroom

Join us at the WSWA event, April 18-21 at Grand Lakes Orlando, Florida!

Connect with WSSA at CONECT 2017!

April 5 2017, posted by admin

CONECT's 21st Annual T&T Conference

April 11th - 13th

Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina Newport, Rhode Island

Albtrans is Attending IAADFS 2017!

March 24 2017, posted by admin

The IAADFS annual trade show will be held at the Orlando World Center Marriott in Orlando, Florida, from March 26-29th. Our freight forwarding partner, Albatrans, will be attending the event. Please contact us to set up a meeting with one of their representatives! This event is a fantastic opportunity to network and gain vital insight in the airport duty free industry segment of the international business community.